Friday, May 21, 2021

Generally, when it comes to reading the rules, I prefer For Gold & Glory. I read FG&G constantly, to learn and look up the rules of the game. I use FG&G as a straight replacement for the 2e DMG

When it comes to references at the table, I use the 2e PHB. This is because players have a lot of questions all the time, and I want to use the exact language of the text so as to minimize conflict. I pull the exact charts and tables from there as well, even though they're the same in FG&G.

I look up the 2e DMG once in a while, just to pull charts and tables, and text for rules lawyers

I really, really don't like how the 2e PHB and DMG split the rules in half between them.

Gygaxian they are not

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I like OSRIC’s character sheet, and even though it’s missing some important fields for AD&D 1e and feels more like a B/X sheet, it’s st...