Sunday, February 7, 2021

cRPGs

 I liked Pathfinder: Kingmaker better once I created a character not as a "protagonist", but as a fit to the party. That game is more about managing a 6 person party than it is about playing a single individual main character.

Most of the guides online say that your choice between focusing on magic or melee doesn't matter in Divinity: Original Sin 2. This is false, magic has significantly deeper gameplay and most of the combat is built around the interactions between different magical effects. Physical combat and damage doesn't have nearly the variety, unless you play as a polymorph. I didn't enjoy D:OS2 until I had a full magic caster party.

Pillars of Eternity has the best controls for console. The 2D backgrounds are also better than every other game that use 3D backgrounds. The isometric perspective on a fully 3D modeled game gives me motion sickness.

Baldur's Gate sucks. Baldur's Gate II sucks more. I never felt like I was playing AD&D while playing those games, instead I felt like I was playing any generic BioWare game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I like OSRIC’s character sheet, and even though it’s missing some important fields for AD&D 1e and feels more like a B/X sheet, it’s st...