Monday, February 15, 2021

Cracking the solo code

 Turns out that I’ve been playing solo wrong. Apparently it’s better to first decide what your character wants to do and then generate the world in response, than it is to generate the world first and then try to move your character through it like an automaton. With the latter method, I found most GM Emulators to fail in usefulness since I would be doing all the GM roles anyway, and I found them to be better used as “Player Emulators” where their oracles and tables were better suited to controlling the PCs.

DM Yourself is a great new product that puts the focus back on the solo player acting only as a PC and not as a GM, to drive the story forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I like OSRIC’s character sheet, and even though it’s missing some important fields for AD&D 1e and feels more like a B/X sheet, it’s st...