Thursday, January 6, 2022

Rations

Encumbrance values for rations in AD&D 1e are not given in the item list in the PHB, but in Appendix O of the DMG. There are no encumbrance values for rations in AD&D 2e. To me, this means that rations in 2e are weightless.

BECMI’s guidance on the difference between standard and iron rations is that standard rations spoil overnight in a dungeon. I use a different method in my games as a house rule, where standard rations spoil after a week from the date of purchase, while iron rations last forever.

I treat hunger and starvation much like HP - you’re fine until you die. I house rule that after a week without food, the character dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I like OSRIC’s character sheet, and even though it’s missing some important fields for AD&D 1e and feels more like a B/X sheet, it’s st...