Thursday, April 23, 2020

Random "DM-less" dungeon crawl

Photos from a randomized dungeon crawl with my wife, using D&D Basic, Pathfinder flip tiles, and monster tokens from 4E essentials kit.



The dungeon layout was generated by shuffling and pulling out the tiles whenever a character token reached an open edge, room contents were stocked by using the D&D Basic random dice tables. I was able to play a PC cooperatively with my wife, as there was little to do in the way of traditional dungeon mastering. 

I got this idea from the D&D Adventure board game, The Temple of Elemental Evil, and it worked beautifully by jettisoning the trappings of the board game and using the full RPG rules. For a night of random hack and slash dungeon crawling, it was quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I like OSRIC’s character sheet, and even though it’s missing some important fields for AD&D 1e and feels more like a B/X sheet, it’s st...