Monday, January 27, 2020

The sprint button in DOOM 3

I have discovered the sprint button in DOOM 3, and my experience has been enhanced 1000 fold. The trick is to realize that every time you engage in combat, you must mash the sprint button. Suddenly it becomes possible to outmaneuver the enemies and actually dodge bullets. It's possible to shoot out enemy projectiles in DOOM 3 but it was a feat I had only accomplished with the plasma rifle before. With the increased speed from sprint, now I can shoot out fireballs with just the pistol.  I had always found DOOM 3 to be atmospheric as fuck, but with the faster movement speed now I greatly enjoy the combat as well. The only downside is that the speed is on a limited duration,  which really shouldn't be a thing on a DOOM game, but no game is perfect.

And I'm highly excited for DOOM: Eternal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I like OSRIC’s character sheet, and even though it’s missing some important fields for AD&D 1e and feels more like a B/X sheet, it’s st...