I'm not a fan of the amateur improv theater that most players seem to consider role playing as being. I also don't like DMs who approach the game as a collaborative creative writing session with dice. I prefer D&D as a game, to be played like a game, which is why I like gridded battle maps, miniature figures, and overland hex crawls.
Its undeniable that pure theater of the mind speeds up play, but most people's definition of role play belongs on a therapist's couch, or in an acting class, or in the bedroom with their significant other(s).
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I ran 5e, I felt like I was fighting the system itself in order to run any kind of campaign through it, as characters had too many spec...
-
When I ran 5e, I felt like I was fighting the system itself in order to run any kind of campaign through it, as characters had too many spec...
-
They're the same. The BE of BECMI is identical to B/X, intentionally so, as some passages are lifted word-for-word. There are a few mino...
-
OD&D and AD&D use a default wilderness scale of 1 hex = 5 miles. B/X and BECMI use a default scale of 1 hex = 6 miles. In my person...
No comments:
Post a Comment