The original 1954 Godzilla is a very cerebral film about Japanese tradition, modern science, post-war politics, and human suffering. It was clearly made for an adult audience, and was released less than 9 years after the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan. It’s a shame how goofy and childish the subsequent Godzilla movies became, even from the very next movie. It reminds me of the Jurassic Park franchise, where the first movie is an exploration of mathematical theory, and the rest are all schlock about dinosaurs eating people.
Monday, July 1, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I ran 5e, I felt like I was fighting the system itself in order to run any kind of campaign through it, as characters had too many spec...
-
When I ran 5e, I felt like I was fighting the system itself in order to run any kind of campaign through it, as characters had too many spec...
-
They're the same. The BE of BECMI is identical to B/X, intentionally so, as some passages are lifted word-for-word. There are a few mino...
-
OD&D and AD&D use a default wilderness scale of 1 hex = 5 miles. B/X and BECMI use a default scale of 1 hex = 6 miles. In my person...
No comments:
Post a Comment